Gift Check Program Guidelines
The Chamber’s Gift Check Program is designed to support our local businesses while embracing how important it is to Support the Angola Area First”.
The Gift Check Program allows anyone to purchase gift checks (purchaser must pay for check in full before the checks are distributed). Gift Check recipients are encouraged to redeem the checks at program participants, thereby encouraging the patronage of our local businesses. The following outlines the program specifics:
· Gift Checks are only in the following denominations: $10.00 and $25.00
· Drawn off of a closely monitored Chamber Checking Account
· Contain security features for the Chamber’s and Participants safety.
· The following is printed on the checks: “Please use within 6 months from issue date”, if you receive a stale dated check, please direct the check holder to the Chamber, where if the check is found to be authentic, we will reissue a new check, please allow up to 7 days for check authorization.
· Gift Checks are made payable to the following “Redeemable at participating Angola Area Chamber of Commerce businesses”
· Deposit the gift checks as you would normally make your check deposit at your bank.
· Be sure to decide on your policy for partial redemptions. If a customer spends less than the Gift Check value, you can offer cash back, store credit, or issue a store gift certificate for the balance. It is up to you.
· A Chamber Gift Check Participation List, including the business names of all program participants, will be distributed with each gift check purchase. The list is subject to change at any time and this fact is stated on the list.
· The program enrollment will be renewable on or before October 1, 2010, at which time a new enrollment form must be signed and accompanied by payment of the current participation fee(s).
· The Chamber Gift Check Program participation cost is listed on the enrollment form (Level 1 participation) and is subject to change, please either call the Chamber office or visit our website for the most up-to-date form. Participation includes your business name listed in both the Gift Check Participation List and on the Chamber’s website.
· Advertising on the check’s stub is available and is limited to the first 15 members who submit their logo and payment for both the program fee and the advertising cost. Please see the enrollment form for the most up-to-date pricing (Level 2 Participation). Your logo will also be featured on the Chamber’s Gift Check Program webpage. The Chamber distributes approximately 1,200 checks annually.
· You will remain a participant as long as you are an active chamber member in good standing and current on your participation fee, or until we receive in writing to remove you from the program. As a participant, you have the right to refuse any Chamber Gift Check that appears altered, copied, or that is stale dated. Program terms, conditions, advertising fees, and benefits are subject to change. Changes will be posted on the Angola Chamber’s website and available in the office. The Chamber does not guaranty the increase of sales or customers by participation.
The Chamber is providing this service as a benefit for its members. The Chamber shall not be responsible for any incidental, consequential, or other damages resulting from the program.